|DURATION: 7 Weeks||STARTING DAY: 17 October 2016
ENDING DAY: 2nd December 2016
|OBJECTIVES||The use of Information Technology in Library Practices and Management has been gaining increasing attention as well as academic interest among the working professionals all over the world. The increasing demand for the improved information services / management in all spheres of knowledge world such as Colleges / Universities, Research Centres, Industries and other Modern
Business enterprises, require the integration of various resources and specialized trained Library and Informational Professionals. The objective is to meet the requirement of the above professionals.
|TOPICS||• Orientation and Communicative English
• Orientation about India and Indian culture etc.
• Fundamentals of Information Technology, Library Automation, Digital Library Open Access Initiatives, Meta Data Harvesting etc.
• Library Automation Practices Using WINISIS
• Introduction to Digital Library Software/ development of Digital Library Practices.
• Development of Web Access data bases /Practical & projects
• Data ware-housing
Knowledge Management Systems
|TARGET GROUP||This course is to intended to assist Library professionals to develop automated library management system along with digital library management systems. Also to provide platform for interaction amongst Library professionals from world over.|
|*COURSE FEE||US$ 1200 + Service Tax as applicable (under Self Financing Scheme only)|